"When my husband and I are ready for our second child, we will definitely be hiring Cat again!"
Why consider a doula?
Besides the fact that doulas are awesome, here are a few more facts!
Check out what Dads have to say about Cat here!
The clinical benefits of women who have a doula are:
- 33% less likely to be dissatisfied with or negatively rate their birth experience
- 26% less likely to give birth by cesarean
- 28% less likely to use any anesthesia or analgesia
- 41% less likely to give birth with vacuum extraction or forceps
- Enhanced breastfeeding
- Better maternal / infant interaction
- Less postpartum depression and anxiety
- Greater self-esteem
- Higher maternal assessments of their baby. The mother is more proud of her new bundle!
Collected by Cochrane Collaboration and Penny Simkin, co-founder of DONA International