"Cat brings is seamless at her presentation of how our birth community is doing into how to help solve the problems we face. I am so happy I took this workshop and am looking forward to moving forward and using my ticket to make birth better . - Samantha
Savvy Birth Pro Workshop
Jan / Feb 2020
Are you passionate about evidence based care, but witness outdated policies being imposed upon your clients? The Savvy Birth Pro Workshop (3 contact hours) was developed by Evidence Based Birth® to give professionals the skills you need to make a genuine difference and help your clients attain the best possible chance at evidence based care during pregnancy and labor.
After attending the 3-hour Savvy Birth Pro Workshop, you will walk away with confidence in your ability to help your clients assert their right to evidence based care in a respectful way that builds bridges, not walls. You’re going to love the sense of community and connectedness the Savvy Birth Pro Workshop brings, and the feeling that you’re not alone in the quest to help more families receive respectful, high quality maternity care!
We believe that the inspirational knowledge you will gain from the Savvy Birth Pro Workshop will have a positive ripple effect that extends to your clients, the professionals you work with, and your community!
This Savvy Birth Pro Workshop for the South Jersey and Philadelphia area is taught by Cat LaPlante, CD(DONA), M.A.Ed.
Contact hours: By attending the workshop and completing an online evaluation, you will earn a certificate for 3 contact hours from Evidence Based Birth®, a continuing education provider for the Kentucky Board of Nursing # 7-0081. Nursing contact hours can be applied to most childbirth educator and doula certifications (including DONA and CAPPA), as well as the Certified Professional Midwife credential and the Midwifery Bridge Certificate.
- Define evidence-based care and discuss the difference between evidence-based care and routine care
- Discuss the safety of local birth setting options
- Demonstrate how birthing persons can talk with their providers about research evidence
- Discuss how partners, doulas, and nurses can work together to provide labor support
- Describe the benefits and limitations of birth plans
- Discuss the human and legal rights of birthing persons
Investment: There are three different ticket levels - Choose whats right for you!
Prices go up one month before workshop date.
- Admission to 3 hour workshop
- Flash drive with handouts and lanyard - a $95 value
- Certificate for 3 CEUs earned
- One month Professional Membership to EBB* (includes more opportunities for CEUs!) - $47 value
- Admission to 3 hour workshop
- Your choice of Flash drive with all handouts and lanyard - a $95 value OR Certificate for 3 CEUs earned
- Admission to the workshop. (There are no CEUs included in this ticket.)
* Indicates an affiliate link.
Refund policy: Tickets are non-refundable, but may be transferred to future workshops or seminars in the case of an unforeseen professional commitment (birth of a client), illness, or family emergency. It is the ticket holders responsibility to contact Cat in the event you need to reschedule.