By taking the Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class, you and your partner will not only learn the evidence for your birth options in an online class, but you’ll also get to meet in-person with an experienced instructor and other parents in the South Jersey/Philadephia area who are going through pregnancy and birth just like you! This class is limited to only four couples.
This EBB Childbirth Class is taught by Cat LaPlante, MAEd, CD(DONA), LCCE. Cat is a Lamaze ceritifed, Evidence Based Birth® Instructor who has been teaching childbirtheducation and EBB content to parents and professionals for 5 years.
Hybrid In-Person and Online Class
- We will have our first and last classes in-person, and you will do the rest of your learning online!
- For the online learning portion, you and your partner will watch class videos on your computer or phone.
- For every video you watch on your own, you'll earn points towards gift certificates to the Cheesecake Factory and local breweries!
- You'll have access to the Instructor during weekly Zoom sessions (video chat). We'll pick the weekly date/time for our online meetings based on the group's availability.
- First in-person class is Sunday, April 15th from 5:30-7:30 PM
- Deluxe Tickets will get an in person meeting on Sunday, May 6th from 5:30-6:30 PM to practice positions with Cat's guidence!
- Last in-person class is Monday, May 22st from 6:30-8:30 PM
- The in-person sessions meet at a central location in South Jersey – The Village, 421 N Haddon Ave, Haddonfiel, NJ.
- A final "birth story" reunion class is included -- get a chance to debrief after your birth in a safe space (this is really important!)
What is Included in this Childbirth Class?
Both standard and deluxe registration includes the in-person classes, weekly Zoom video chats with your Instructor, access to your lessons online at the Evidence Based Birth® Academy, a PDF library, and a reunion "birth story" class. If you choose the "deluxe" option, you will get 6 months access to the online portion plus a thrid in person class with Cat AND 10% off your ticket to Labor of Love along with a complimentary PDF of Birth Freely's Labor Positions Guide sent to your inbox.
One ticket is good for both the pregnant parent and their chosen support person. Your doula is also invited to attend any of our in-person sessions, if you have a doula! Please contact Cat if you'll be bringing your doula. We will provide incentives for doing the out-of-class work.
In this class, we focus on comfort, evidence, and advocacy. These are the topics we’ll cover that will help you and your birth partner prepare for birth!
- How your Partner can be your Advocate
- Evidence Based Care
- Fears & Comfort
- Stages of Labor
- Navigating the Healthcare System
- Providers (Models of Care)
- Communicating with hospital staff
- Know your Rights
- Pain Relief
- Labor Rehearsal
- Postpartum Discussion
- Newborn Procedures
Will I Learn how to have an Unmedicated Birth?
At Evidence Based Birth®, we believe that every person has their own unique path. Instead of focusing on medicated vs. unmedicated birth, we focus on giving you tools and helping you learn the evidence, so that you can be empowered to make your own decisions! We do have a strong emphasis on non-drug comfort measures, because they have no side effects and can be used by everyone, whether or not you plan to use medications.
At the end of this class, you will have all the tools you need to create your ultimate labor and birth experience. If you want a natural birth, this class will give you the relaxation and pain management tools you need to have a natural birth. If you need an epidural or Cesarean, we’ll cover how you can be empowered that way, too!
Ticket Options: Choose the package that works best for you!
**Coupon code ADVANTAGE gets the first two registrants $35 off thier choice of ticket!**
Standard package: Includes 3-months access to the online portion of the class, printed materials, private Facebook comminity, and the in-person classes.
Deluxe package: Includes 6-months access to the online portion of the class, printed materials, private Facbook community, the in-person class, and a in person class where Cat is there to help guide you through positions in labor! Also, 10% off Labor of Love Workshop at The Village and a complimentary PDF of Birth Freely's Labor Positions Guide!!
Should you wish to pay with cash or check, please contact Cat at email@example.com.
Evidence Based Birth® is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for pregnant persons of any age, religion, race, sexual identity, gender identity, or relationship status.
Your payment reserves a spot in the class and is non-refundable but tickets are transferable with adequate notice and approval from Cat.
If you have questions for me, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!